So it has been slow going with Riley. We have done a lot of things backwards, but we're trying. We've never been parents before Riley. He is a work in progress. Anyhow.. So Riley is in his own bed now (yay) but we still had been lying down with him at night until he fell asleep. It really wasn't that big of a deal for us. Most of the time, I would fall asleep with him and thinking back my sleep schedule was really wacky. So last week Riley said he was ready for bed and I didn't want to lie down that night so I told him he was going to bed like a big boy tonight. Of course we had to hype it up and we sat outside his door for a freaking hour so he'd go to sleep.
Well one week later, he has finally come to terms with the fact we're not going to be in there with him and is going to sleep on his own. Tonight we did our normal bedtime routine, teeth, jamas, prayers, book and hugs and kisses. Then he crawled into his bed. Justin and I sat in the upstairs family room watching some tv and after about 40 minutes, I begged Justin to go by his room and check on him. So he did, and he was still awake in there, playing with his camera. He got up briefly to show his dad that the camera wasn't working. He set it down outside his door and crawled back into bed. On his own... Without a fight... and... He went to sleep...
Finally..... We really are trying with Riley. We want to raise a strong boy, who can make decisions for himself, but also is a good listener... Like I said at the beginning at this blog, He is a work in progress..... Please pray for us. Hehehe.
1 comment:
Glad Riley is doing well with the bed thing. The yard is looking great. I never realized what a hill your house was on until I came to your house.MOUNTAIN is a better term. I felt like I was up in the Smokies going to a chalet! Beautiful view though! Call me!
Post a Comment