Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Big Boy Bed Update

Riley has been in his own bed for 7 days now and is doing remarkably well. That first night he slept in his bed until about 0530!!! He tends to get up about 5-6 and comes down to our bed. Him navigating the stairs in the night was a major concern for us, but after the first night and seeing him come down the stairs without problem was a relief.
Last night he came down a bit early. His bedroom is right above ours, so we can hear when he gets out of the bed and starts moving around. It was taking him a long time to get downstairs last night. Justin ended up meeting him in the living room. Riley had a bucket of toys and all of his "babies" (his Roxie, Rexie, Puppy and Blackie)--toting them along. It was actually quite funny.
This step into his own bed as been an adjustment for me more than him I think. It sounds terrible, but I really miss cuddling with Riley at bedtime and our normal rituals. He is the most amazing child ever (I know, every mom says that!). He surprises us with something new everyday. I am grateful for my beautiful family!!!

No comments: