Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Farewell to a great friend...

I didn't want to jinx it by saying anything too soon, but on December 6th, Riley lost his beloved Binky. The Binky Fairy came to our house that day(without us knowing) and retrieved all of his Binky's to distribute to all the babies that didn't have any. Since Riley was such a big boy (and wow, 3 years old now) he no longer needed it.

The first night was pitiful. The little man whined, "Binky, Binky, I need my blue Binky, ahhhhhh", and "where are you blue Binky? which almost made the Binky Fairy give in and bring it back!!!
Nap time day 2. MUCH worse as he threw a 1 1/2 hour tantrum screaming for his Binky.
The subsequent days following got much better. He would ask about it or mention it and dad and I have learned to laugh with him about it "what Binky? You are a big boy and don't have a Binky anymore!"

He has pretty much given up on his beloved at this point in time, but I am sure that Blue Binky will never be forgotten!!

2 comments:

Deana said...

Jenn!!
Hey I hope you remember me??? Deana from a long time ago in CCU-
I am stalking your page through Heather. I love seeing everyone blogs. Go to the Crosslin's page on Heathers and you can see my boys!
Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel has her paci! We are throwing it away after Christmas. When I get her up I tell her to throw her paci in the crib. She does it without fuss thinking it will be there when she goes to sleep. I'm ready for the 1 1/2 hr cry. I may start crying just thinking about it!
MERRY CHISTMAS JENN!