When we were in MI, we literally had no down time. With Dad being in the hospital and getting ready for the funeral, we didn't have any time to just relax. Our last evening in MI (Sat Aug 2) we took our dear friend and her kids to Tunnel Park--Lake Michigan. Riley had been begging to go to the beach (everywhere he looked he saw a lake--either Lake MI or Hamlin Lake). So Justin went to the movies and Shell, Hannah, Abbi, Riley and I went to Lake Michigan. The air temp was 84 degrees. The water temp 72 degrees (which is extremely warm for Lake Mi.)
Riley was a bit timid at the water, just kind of getting his feet wet until mom and Hannah grabbed his hands and went in. We did some body surfing with him. I was holding him on my hip and he'd yell, "Here comes a big wave mom" and then he'd sputter because he'd gotten a mouthful of Lake water....
After our adventure with the waves we warmed up a bit on the beach and dug for water.... Big fun for the kids. Riley wasn't feeling so good so I took him to the car to change clothes and after a little while, all the kids played on the playground. They had a blast.
You know how everyone takes something for granted??? Lake MI is mine. That is one thing I miss dearly being a Tennessean now. She is definately a Great Lake.
1 comment:
I hope your Dad gets better. I am getting off of the 'puter and calling you now.
Post a Comment