pics 1.riley's snow angel
2. Jake, Riley and Cameron sledding
3. The action shot of me airborne before breaking my butt.
4. True view of the big hill we were going down. (the flat white in the middle would be a frozen pond--in which we landed on after flying in our sleds.)
Riley and I have been up in Michigan since Jan 31. We have been having a great time visiting with family and dear friends. Riley got to experience "real" snow (sorry my TN friends). We went sledding out at the Ludington State Park and at our friends house too. Riley was a bit scared at first but quickly warmed up to the rush of the big hills in the dunes. I hadn't been sledding in years and was goaded into going down the huge hill like everyone else. It was great...At the beginning...Then I went airborne...Then I landed with a thud on the ice and my coccyx. I guess I never realized how tender (aka nauseating(ly) painful) a coccyx can be. I lasted the day and ended up in prime care the next am. Multiple xrays later and my butt is broken....(?)?)?)?)?) . All I can say is it hurts to sit, stand to sit and sit to stand. I have to lie on my sides and I am truly not looking forward to the airplane ride home Monday. It's ok to laugh.. I have... And Cried... and then laughed some more. Here's some pics of our wonderful sledding trips though.
3 comments:
I'm glad my fingers can talk for me because my mouth can't say nothing.......I'm FRIGGING CRYING. Don't worry.. the next time I talk to you I'll still be laughing!!
Love ya. That picture of you says it all!!!! Glad it was just a coccyx!!!
Oh my!! My mouth dropped when I saw the picture of you in the air, but now after reading everything I am laughing a little, sorry :) I hope you are okay to fly home. I am glad you are okay and I agree about real snow!!!
I see what kind of friends you are..LOL.. Just kidding. Jenn
Post a Comment